1. More-is-better does not apply to the number of people in a hammock.
2. Humans of New York is one of the most fascinating and beautiful things the Internets have to offer these days.
3. When hosing crap off of a trampoline, there is no good place to stand. Anywhere you stand, it’s coming right back atcha. Gravity fail.
4. Tomatoes are better in the summer.
5. The best way to grow killer pumpkins involves 2 easy steps. First, kick last year’s pumpkin up under the porch. Second, just wait.
6. Bubba won’t be 14 and wearing diapers.
7. I shall never again have a flat(ter) stomach without working at it.
8. Showers at the YMCA are so much easier than baths in our own tub.
9. TV is ok.
10. So is not going into school until your contract says you have to be there.
11. Sometimes the need to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes leads to great things. Like running into a dear old friend who Jesus put there to encourage you.
12. Not every stay at home mom loves her job. (That same dear old friend told me that.)
13. Jay is way better at grocery shopping than me.
14. Uranus is halfway between the sun and Pluto. Just like your anus is halfway between your head and your feet. You’re welcome.
15. The maximum life expectancy of a plant in my house is 1 year.
16. Facebook makes birthdays better.
17. Reindeers are better than people. (Eh…never mind. I’ve never met one, so I’m not actually sure.)
18. Graham crackers make booboos feel better. Bubba just told me that. Chica bought it.
19. If Sallie Mae asks you for a date in mm/dd/yyyy format, she actually means it.
20. Chica will do nearly anything for an icee pop.
21. Moths have fuzzy antennae. Butterflies don’t.
22. More stuff does not equal more happiness. It just means more mess to clean up. Or more to sell at a yard sale later.
23. If you don’t want mosquitoes to bite you, you can just stop breathing because they are attracted to hot air. Chica told me that.
24. Steve Urkel is still funny.
25. It’s ok to wipe eye burgers on your shirt. Bubba told me that.
26. Not every kid likes toothpaste. (As always, Chica didn’t prepare me well for kid #2.)
27. When one is woken up in the middle of the night by a roundhouse kick to the head, the foot of the bed seems like a good place to (temporarily) hide from your pint-sized attacker. But don’t worry, he’ll find you there too.
28. No one needs to buy prom pictures. Especially multiple sheets of them. (What in the world were we thinking??)
29. I’m not any cooler than the mom whose kid poops in the pool. Just luckier. Or maybe faster.
30. When your kids look at your baby pictures, the toys in the pictures are way more interesting than…well…you.
31. Coming home from a trip with a suitcase full of clean and folded clothes is one of life’s great gifts.
32. There are still a few cool people in this world that do not have a smart phone, including both myself and my delightful lunch date today.
Whadaya know friends?