Thirty-one gifts to celebrate my thirty-first birthday:
38. Cucumbers, prickly off the vine.
39. A little boy that is learning to help. Today Bubba helped me sort clothes into a box and a giveaway pile as I pulled them out of the drawer.
40. Skype & FaceTime. I had visited with both my mom and mother-in-law by the end of breakfast today.
41. Birthday wishes from Facebook friends. Just wow.
42. A husband that tells me he still has the hots for me.
43. Birthday cards in the mail. Even one from Jay…that takes some pre-planning. Impressed!
44. Bubba’s, “Hi Mommy,” that skips up a note (or three) at the end.
45. Nights and mornings with just one kid. Thanks Nana!
46. Wal-mart trips that don’t end in tears or great embarrassment.
47. Unexpected mid-morning naps followed by the usual afternoon nap.
48. Catching up with a dear friend after what must have been a year.
49. A happy birthday text from a friend that doesn’t have Facebook.
50. Bubba’s new way with words. Tonight on the way home he said, “Mommy, make it sing,” and pointed to the front of the car. After a few wrong guesses, we realized he meant the radio. Smart kid.
51. Hand-me-down clothes from sweet friends.
52. Summer tomatoes. The only kind worth eating, really.
53. Time and peace to read. I actually sat down and read a bit of a book today. Granted, it was followed very shortly by a few minutes of snoozing, but I did read, nonetheless.
54. Witnessing a friend using her gifts in a big way. Read her post. You’ll be blessed.
55. Chica’s delight as we picked out school supplies. “Is this for me? My OWN glue?!”
56. Leftovers for lunch. I almost took a picture it was so good.
57. The neighbor friend who can always pull Chica away from the TV.
58. Good hair days. Yeah…that was vain. 31 gifts is just a little harder than I thought.
59. God’s timing. He has worked so many things out recently, better than I could have orchestrated myself. I’m trusting that he will do the same for our move at the end of this month.
60. Deer in the front yard.
61. Spying a hummingbird perched on a branch.
62. Neighbors who offer up the leftovers from their thornless blackberry bush.
63. The first twenty minutes after Jay gets home from work. I love those moments of reviewing our day for each other.
64. Bow ties. And one particular man who wears them well. Mmmmm.
65. A weekend full of FUN plans followed by yet another week of no school.
66. Bubba’s talent for lip-syncing. Today it was to some Christmas Barbie toy of Chica’s.
67. The Wal-mart lady who willingly packed my school supplies separately from my groceries.
68. The feeling of peace as I made lunch today. Two months ago I would have used any word other than peace to describe this part of the day.
69: Time to write and be thankful.