Tonight I am thankful for…
- Chica’s ability to carry on a conversation with Bubba like no one else can. Last night it was done entirely in shrill screams across the dinner table.
- A husband who has learned to carry on a meaningful conversation overtop of said screams.
- Chica’s teacher who went way out of her way to help me today.
- Bubba’s teacher who called to check on him when he stayed home sick earlier this week.
- A doctor who called me back well after his office hours to address a concern, and didn’t rush my questions.
- Chica’s way with words. Tonight she actually said, “I’m just not up to snuff tonight,” and proceeded to give an exact definition.
- Chica’s offer to help me. At 8:30. And again at 9:00. And once again at 9:30. Two glasses of water and a clean sink later, I think she’s in bed for good.
- An unexpected conversation with a friend who reminds me so much of myself 10 years ago.
- A boss who grieves and gives us space to grieve.
- A classroom of 23 who didn’t ask why my eyes were red all day.
- Friends who’ve been there and can just say, “I get it.” And you know they do.